In this latte oatmeal chocolate yogurt parfait: coffee infused oats chilled overnight layered with chocolate swirled yogurt–perfect for a make-ahead breakfast.
I have to tell you, I’m a spoiled brat. I say that because we have a Nespresso machine at our house and if you don’t know what that is, it’s like a Keurig except for espresso. Like, really good espresso. Even the little pods are pretty. After we first got the machine, I wanted to keep the leftover pods to use for some DIY project. I didn’t, 1) because I am not a crafty person. Like I can’t even do anything with pipe cleaners. And 2), because I didn’t have a clue what the DIY project would be anyways.
But for reals, I love that thing. Although I learned (after a few weeks of wondering why I couldn’t sleep) that caffeine does indeed affect me; thus drinking regular caff coffee after noon or so isn’t my smartest move.
And while I love espresso, you definitely do not have to have an espresso machine to make this recipe. You just need enough liquid to cook the oats, so you can use a cup of brewed coffee or a shot of espresso with milk or water. Or hey, all of the above. I won’t judge.
This recipe is also for you if you want the convenience of overnight oats but don’t like chia seeds. I love them, but I know some people dislike the texture.
Simply cook up the coffee-infused oats and stir together the chocolate swirled yogurt the night before, stash separately in the fridge, and layer the two together in a mason jar the next morning. Or don’t bother with the jar or layering if you’re in a rush; you can just top the oats with the yogurt if that’s your jam.
And of course, this latte oatmeal chocolate yogurt parfait is for you if you love coffee. That’s the main thang.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup (8 oz) brewed coffee OR 1 shot espresso + 3/4 cup milk or water
- dash sea salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- Combine oats, coffee (or espresso + milk/water), salt, and vanilla in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until liquid is absorbed. Move oats to a bowl, cover, and place in the fridge overnight or until chilled.
- Stir together yogurt, cocoa powder, and maple syrup or honey. Keep in the fridge until ready to assemble the parfait.
- Spoon about a third of the chilled oatmeal into a jar or glass. Top with a layer of the chocolate yogurt. Add another layer of oatmeal. Continue until the oats and the yogurt are used up. <3